Advantages of MerControl 6012 Technology
- Works as an oxidant and a sorbent for mercury control
- Liquid application – fed directly into the spray dry absorber (SDA) or circulating dry scrubber (CDS)
- Can outperform activated carbon injection both from capital and O&M perspectives
- Provides a flexible and rapid response to fluctuations in operations and fuel quality that impact mercury emission
- Works synergistically with MerControl 7895 oxidant to extend low level Hg emissions after chemical applications are stopped
The presence of a spray dryer absorber-fabric filter (SDA-FF) provides ideal conditions to realize the full potential and high mercury capacity of the material which is fed as a liquid application directly into the SDA/CDS. In a recent demonstration, the non-carbon, non-halogenated MerControl 6012 sorbent was found to outperform brominated powdered activated carbon from both capital and O&M perspectives. Mercury capture was further enhanced with application of the mercury oxidant MerControl 7895 technology on the coal.